“How to connect Hikvision DVR to laptop without internet? How to stream video from hikvision DVR using VLC player without internet “
Streaming video directly from surveillance servers or computers, on the other hand, is done through a specific protocol called RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) that lets users watch clear videos in real-time.
To stream live audio and video streams over the Internet via Windows Media Player, you need a separate program like uCamMonitor, which automatically senses video sources available in your network and adds them to your list of devices.
It also allows for easy access to administrative tools that can help you control multiple cameras.
There is nothing that can be more powerful than CCTV surveillance in this high-tech world.
CCTV cameras are cheaper these days, so many people have CCTV cameras installed in their homes for safety purposes.
CCTV Camera types and specifications differ and are available in the market at a minimal cost. But what if you do not want to keep an eye on your home or office 24/7? Or find it difficult to install CCTV cameras inside the house due to lack of space?
There are many best outdoor security camera systems convenient with a laptop and without wires too. This article lets you know how to connect a hikvision DVR to a laptop remotely with ease.
What is Hikvision?
Hikvision, as a world-leading supplier of video surveillance equipment and systems, offers a comprehensive range of state-of-the-art surveillance products and solutions.
Hikvision provides cutting edge technology for all kinds of applications, including governmental sites such as schools, airports, and law enforcement offices to protect citizens and property;
Enterprises such as banks, shopping malls, and industrial complexes safeguard assets and employees; and homes that require peace of mind knowing our loved ones are safe.
What sets Hikvision apart from other companies is its relentless pursuit of innovation through incorporating advanced technologies into product designs.
With its R&D capabilities, it has led the way in technological advancement with many firsts, such as the world’s first stand-alone network video recorder, with cutting-edge technologies that include wireless, megapixel cameras and H.264 compression codecs to provide flexible solutions for clients’ needs.
Can we connect to hikvision without the internet?
Yes, we can.
Your camera is just like a PC in the network, and that’s why we chose to use Windows in it.
You can port forwarding IP camera before you go to work, and at the same time, when you’re home and about to take a nap, it will be recording automatically.
It means you don’t get back from work tired already since your camera is always on standby mode.
It saves traveling expenses too if someone was to get hold of your memory card or misuse it.
You can move around worldwide, leaving behind cameras without an internet connection, but they’ll keep operating even without the internet.
The camera remains on standby for your command to return from work and check what’s happening at home.
Many people have studied this, but I didn’t see much information about it online.
Your cameras will keep operating even without an internet connection or power outages – you can set up the camera before you go to work.
You’ll be able to review them when you get home securely, with no need to have an internet service provider for this purpose.
As long as your router isn’t down where you put your CCTV camera, the Hikvision IP Camera won’t shut down, too, because that happened in my case since my wireless wasn’t strong enough to penetrate walls, so my camera went down, and I couldn’t connect to it anymore.
I had to reset my Hikvision IP Camera after that, but that wasn’t the end of it as I still couldn’t connect because I didn’t know how I had to configure my router settings.
It was a major setback since the settings only appeared when connecting from an android phone or a laptop via WiFi through a browser, not through the app on android, which is why I set out looking for a solution.
So it doesn’t happen again despite having an unlimited internet connection at home with one provider who has been reliable until recently.
Connect Hikvision with laptop
No Internet? No Problem.
OK, first things first. I have a Hikvision IP camera that was OK for the first few days after I bought it; however, I decided to hard reboot it. Since then, I have not connected it back to the internet using wireless or EthernetEthernet cable.
You would think this is easy, right? You are wrong! So, here are the options available to you:
- 1) Connect your hikvision DVR to your home router via an ethernet cable or find a nearby CCTV Ip address (this will probably fix 99% of your problems).
– If you do not know how this works, check youtube, google it, etc. Don’t worry, and it’s pretty straightforward.
- 2) You can connect your hikvision DVR to a PC using a network cable and set up the settings from there.
It is also relatively easy, but you need an extra piece of equipment called a crossover cable or ethernet adapter if your laptop does not have a regular ethernet port.
- 3) You can use another method that I prefer: connecting directly to my smartphone or tablet and then setting it up from their WiFi connection.
If none of these options works for you and you think they should, first off, provide better details as some things like “internet access” may be interpreted differently by different people.
If you are stuck at the last option, let’s proceed.
Set up an IP Camera-Lite app on your android device. Launch the app, and it should scan for all available cameras in range.
If not, restart your phone or tablet and try again. Select your Hikvision IP camera from the list of discovered devices—type in any username/password combination listed there.
It will start scanning for channels; let it be. You can now control your Hikvision IP camera through its web interface!
So if you want to access live video etc., you can do this with this method too. I have posted a link before to an android app called “IP Cam Viewer”, which would probably do this for you as well.
If you still think it’s too complicated, there is always option 4
- 4) You can hire a professional to do this for you, as it is relatively easy, and as long as your router/DVR settings by accident or hardware failure, they should be able to fix the issue within minutes usually.
Step by Step
Connection to the internet is not always available directly for hikvision DVR. For example, many shops are selling it without connecting it to WiFi or routers.
The solution for this problem is how we can connect hikvision DVR to a laptop without internet?
First, you have to check if the hikvision camera has an RJ45 port under its back cover.
If there’s one, then here you go! Here I will tell you how to set up your IP cameras with an Ethernet cable connection which will help you access your IP cameras’ video anytime and anywhere as long as you are connected.
Here’s a simple step-by-step tutorial about how to connect Hikvision DVR to a laptop without internet:
Use a Cat5E cable and connect it between the RJ45 port on the camera’s back and an Ethernet port on your router or computer.
Now you can plug in a power cord to start accessing your IP cameras via EthernetEthernet. It’s for surveillance purposes; checking your DVR is not always necessary.
So what if you have more than one Hikvision IP camera set up at home? You’ll need some software that allows you to view all those linked Hikvision IP cameras at once.
I would suggest you use Hik-connect. It’s a free tool that allows you to view all your Hikvision IP cameras from one interface/software, as long as the DVR is configured.
Hik-connect installation and configuration guide:
- Step 1: Download and install it on your computer. Ensure that you have installed .NET Framework 4 first or click skip by default during the installation process. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download
- Step 2: Next is configuring hik-connect software to work with your DVR. To do this, turn ON your Hikvision IP Camera.
- Step 3: Create a “User Name” and “Password” for Hik-connect to work with your camera. It is pretty much the same as logging in via a web browser interface, except that you will use these credentials from now on whenever you want to access your DVR live feed or playback recorded footage from anywhere around the world.
You should notice that under “Admin Setting”, there’s an option called “Use Dynamic DNS”. In other words, if you don’t know how to set up a DDNS service for your IP cameras.
Just leave it blank and continue to:
- Step 4: If not, check out my tutorial about how to create a free DDNS service for hikvision IP cameras:
- Step 5: Now, for the final step, you must click the “Save Settings” button to save your settings before connecting your Hikvision IP cameras via EthernetEthernet.
You should notice that there’s an option called “Update Configuration File”. It will create a .cfg file under the C:\Users\Your_PC_User_Name\AppData\Local\Hik-Connect folder. This file is crucial because it tells hik-connect how to work with your Hikvision DVR devices.
- Step 6: Go back to the hik-connect interface and enter the Username and Password provided in Step 3 above.
If everything goes smoothly, this would be the main homepage of hik-control where you can manage all your Hikvision IP cameras at once!
- Step 7: On the main page, you can see all your listed Hikvision IP cameras. Please keep in mind that if the Hikvision IP camera has not been detected by hik-connect, please go back to Step 4 and click “Update Configuration File”, then try again.
- Step 8: If this is your first time using it, there’s no playback option on top of the page right away. You have to click the “Refresh” button first to show all recording files on your DVR.
After this step, you can schedule recordings or view playback footage directly from your computer screen without connecting with the actual DVR unit!
I hope this tutorial helps you get started with the hik-connect software application. Use it how it works best for you!
- How to Hack CCTV Camera
- How to Block CCTV Camera
- How to Blind a CCTV Camera
- How to Adjust CCTV Camera Angle
- How to Protect CCTV Camera From the Rain
- How to Connect CCTV Camera to PC Monitor
- Outdoor CCTV Camera Connect to Mobile Phone
- How to Connect CCTV Camera to Laptop with HDMI
- How to Connect CCTV Camera to Laptop without DVR
- How to Connect CCTV Camera to Laptop with Internet
- How to Connect CCTV Camera to Laptop Without Internet
- Connecting Wifi Camera to Android Phone Without Router
- How to Connect CCTV Camera to Mobile Phone Without Internet