You can wirelessly connect your home CCTV camera to your mobile phone, allowing you to see how your property looks when you are not at home. Or how your kids behave when nobody is watching them!
But how to connect WiFi CCTV camera to mobile? And how does it work? How to protect CCTV cameras? A wireless camera with a built-in microphone and speaker would be perfect for this setup.
It can stream video and audio data to another computer, then forward it over the Internet using a socket connection (TCP or UDP).
The implementation of this solution will vary depending on how you set up your home network security system. If you don’t have firewall protection, you might want to implement one before connecting the cameras to the Internet.
- What is a WiFi CCTV camera?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of surveillance?
- What are the benefits of a WiFi CCTV camera?
- Is it possible to connect the WiFi CCTV camera to the mobile?
- How to connect WiFi CCTV camera to mobile
- Connect a WiFi camera to a mobile phone
- The steps to connect a WiFi CCTV camera to a mobile phone
What is a WiFi CCTV camera?
A WiFi CCTV Camera is just like any other security camera, except that it has the special feature of having its embedded computer.
It’s connected to your router using wireless Internet (WiFi), and you can then view live video streaming all over the world via the Internet.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of surveillance?
The main advantage is that you can monitor your home anywhere in real-time so long as there’s an Internet connection available.
The only drawback is that you will likely need someone with technical experience to set up and configure this type of device for you.
If not, there are some pretty good DIY self-installation packages on the market today for those who want to learn more. If you want, you can also take advantage of pay-for-surveillance services.
It’s always a challenge when we talk about port forwarding IP camera because of their connection however, there is no need to worry about it anymore.
And We will be showing you how to connect Spy camera or wifi CCTV camera and connect it online and also connect it to your mobile phone.
And we will connect them in simple and easy steps so you won’t have any problem at all in the future when trying to connect these cameras to different online platforms.
What are the types of WiFi CCTV cameras available?
There are four main types of WiFi security camera systems available on the market today:
The general idea behind them is that they all have an inbuilt computer that monitors for motion or other external triggers then records it to a memory card.
This way, the video evidence will not be deleted because it is overwritten by new data so long as there is free space in the internal memory storage device. Just find out your needs in terms of budget versus quality versus features.
What are the benefits of a WiFi CCTV camera?
For example, you can monitor your kids at home from work over the Internet using your smartphone to access a video stream.
In conclusion, streaming audio and visuals enable users worldwide to keep track of their homes while away on business or vacation trips.
Although they require a more technical setup than non-wireless surveillance systems, they provide many benefits, such as remote accessibility with smartphones or tablet PCs via the network connection.
Is it possible to connect the WiFi CCTV camera to the mobile?
Yes, you can. Just like connecting CCTV system with a monitor and a DVR on PC, which works as a security monitoring center,
One of the most common solutions for installing wireless outdoor/indoor CCTV systems is to run power on it and then connect to the WiFi network created by your existing router at home or workplace.
Then receiving the video via the Internet from the surveillance camera’s location and streaming it through the phone. In this case, you will need several things:
- a) Wireless IP Camera: You can find them from Amazon.
- b) Wireless router (at home or workplace where you have internet access): You can probably borrow it or buy a new one for around USD60
- c) 2.4Ghz CCTV wireless receiver (it’s a very tiny device that looks like a USB flash drive, you can purchase from Amazon)
- d) A smartphone that has a built-in app to receive video streaming via the Internet, such as “QQ Video,” for example, which you can download from Google Play Store.
How to connect WiFi CCTV camera to mobile
WiFi wireless security camera is a breakthrough in the traditional surveillance area.
It breaks down the working principle of traditional wired CCTV and brings convenience to users.
WiFi wireless security cameras can achieve long-distance monitoring, no longer bound by frequent wiring replacement and high cost.
This article will show you some easy steps to connect WiFi waterproof IP Camera to mobile devices, such as MP4 Player, PC, etc.
And meanwhile, we’ll learn some useful knowledge on video transmission and decoding through this sample work, which is an introduction about video streaming & encoding over WiFi-based Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN).
Connect a WiFi camera to a mobile phone
To connect a WiFi camera to a mobile phone can be divided into two cases. They are usually very simple, and you only need to find the corresponding APP program in your mobile phone application center and download it onto your mobile phone.
Then connect the WiFi camera by scanning its QR code. In another case, some cameras have PC Software for Mobile Phones installed on them.
In addition, some new-type WiFi Cameras have intelligent QR code reading functions without special APP software installation on a mobile phone. Please refer to this article: WIFI Camera with Intelligent QR Code Reading Function.
If there is no corresponding APP for connecting a WiFi camera or PC software installed on it or if you do not want to install any of them by yourself, then you can find a professional WIFI video transmission terminal to connect your WiFi camera by yourself.
And if choosing a wireless IP camera, please note that they usually do not have built-in WiFi functions, so there is no need to connect them by WiFi. They should be connected with a network cable instead.
The steps to connect a WiFi CCTV camera to a mobile phone
- Connect your wireless router with your CCTV camera and your PC via LAN cable. They all must be connected to the same network. Make sure that they are successfully connected then power on the camera.
- The wireless receiver device, wait until they fully boot up, then launch the “QQ Video” app installed on your smartphone.
- Go into the settings option of the QQ video by pressing the 3 bars icon at the top right corner, selecting “Device Setting,” it will ask you to input a local IP address which you can find from this instruction “find nearby CCTV IP Address On Your Phone, Computer or Laptop.”
- Turn back to the app and go into the settings option again, select “Remote Device,” and then enter the IP address you got in the previous step into Remote Device IP ( local ) and save it, then press the Connect button. As soon as your phone successfully connects to the WiFi camera, you can see an image from the camera on your smartphone screen.
- Supposedly if the picture is not clear enough, try refreshing by pressing the same 3 bars icon at the top right corner of the QQ Video app, which will pop up the menu, select “Setting” > Refresh Rate Option > Low/Medium/High until the picture becomes clearest.
A limited number of devices can receive video at one time, so please note it before going further.